Matt’s research primarily focuses on
- improving athletic performance using sports biomechanics and strength and conditioning, and
- reducing the risk of sporting injuries by investigating risk factors and injury prevention methods.
Matt has published over 30 peer-reviewed journal articles and is a reviewer for 8 international journals.
- Kinetics and kinematics of sprinting
- Injury prevention in sport
- Development of strength, power, speed and agility
- Acute and chronic effects of eccentric exercise