Lysimeter and Installation Method
The invention is a lysimeter and a method of installation of such a lysimeter for collecting an adequately representative sample of drainage water from a soil without removing or substantially disturbing the soil from its original position.
Landcare Research is seeking partnership with industry.
Unique Selling Propositions
- Minimal disturbance of overlying soil profiles
- Increased cost effectiveness per unit area
- Low maintenance with simple robust design and few working parts
- Greatly increases the measurement area improving representativeness of variability
- To measure the nitrate leaching from effluent application
- An on-farm tool for farmers and regional councils to measure drainage
Proof of Concept - Early prototype built