PFR has developed a novel extract that has demonstrated excellent attributes as a cosmetic ingredient with a potential as an ingredient in mist and moisturising lotions.
Proof of concept work on formulating three potential cosmetic products.
Unique Selling Propositions
- The product is a natural ingredient and does not require registration for use as a cosmetic ingredient
- The use of the product enables cosmetic formulators to reduce the number of ingredients in their formulation as the product fulfils a range of attributes. This will reduce the bill of materials by a third.
- The product has natural antimicrobial properties, which will allow formulation of products with little or no preservatives.
- The extract is a cost-effective cosmetic ingredient; current consumables costs at lab scale are < $1/L of extract.
Skincare products such as lotions, creams and sprays
- Base for cosmetic products, such as foundations, concealers, etc.
Other applications which have been/currently tested are:
- A food ingredient (nutritional, functional and technical benefits)
- Binding agent for fibrous material
- Wound healing treatment,
- Delivery substrate for pesticides
- Natural preservative or food coating
IP strategy currently under development.
Proof of Concept - Early prototype built